Immanuel's Outreach Ministry
KIDS COALITION AGAINST HUNGER (KCAH Food Packing)
– Coordinators Suzi Koch/Earl Barker
Immanuel teamed up with St. Peter’s Lutheran Church and other local churches in St. Clair for the Kids Coalition Against Hunger food packing event on Saturday, April 14, 2018 at St. Peter's Lutheran Church. We had 100 volunteers to help package over 11,000 meals to be used locally and throughout the world! To God is the glory!
BP TRAIL TREE PLANTING & CLEANUP
– Coordinators Pastor Schwieger/Suzi Koch/Gretchen Cosner
- Mark your calendar!
- Saturday, April 28th from 9:00 a.m. to Noon – Lunch provided
- 1500 trees to be planted! Bring a shovel! Bring gloves!! Wear long pants and long shirts.
- For more information, please text or call Suzi Koch at 810.734.4749 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up for this event is in the hallway across from the Immanuel Room.
ADOPT-THE-COPS & PRISON MINISTRIES
– Coordinators Dan & Rita Chitwood
Mission: To pray for individual police officers and the department. To find ways to acknowledge our St. Clair Law Enforcement for their commitment to keeping St. Clair a safe place to raise our families.
- To personally adopt a police officer, to pray for them, send them birthday and special occasion cards. You may adopt more than one (1) if you wish. Cards may be dropped off at the ILC office, and one of the coordinators will make deliveries to the department.
- Invite officers and their families to events and functions happening at ILC. Weekly updates of activities happening at ILC will be emailed to Chief Raker.
For more information and if you would like to adopt a police officer, please contact Dan Chitwood, Coordinator at 810.937.1365 or email.
The Coordinator for the Prison Ministry is Dan Chitwood. If interested in this Ministry, please give Dan Chitwood a call at 810.937.1365 or email.
- Mark your calendar!! "NATIONAL POLICE WEEK" - MAY 13 TO MAY 19, 2018. Great time to give a "thank you" to our Law Enforcement Officers for their service to our communities!
MID CITY NUTRITION
– Coordinators Earl and Bonnie Barker
Mission: To provide an opportunity for members and friends of Immanuel Lutheran Church to serve those in need in the Port Huron community the Mid City Nutrition Program (MCNP)
- Outreach will provide the congregation with a signup sheet or Signup Genius indicating your interest in serving.
- For more information about signup for Mid City Nutrition in Port Huron, contact Earl Barker at 810.392.0125 or Bonnie Barker at 810.305.1681 or email.
– Coordinators Michael DeGiacomo & Suzi Koch
Mission: Preparing meals for church members or people in our community who may be going through hard times, emergencies, etc.
- Researching online options for this ministry such as Signup Genius for our members to sign up for designated day(s) to prepare meals. Want to learn more about this ministry or would like to sign up to make meals, please contact Suzi Koch at 810.734.4749 or email. If you know of a family now that may need meals, please contact Kathy Jelinek at 810.329.7174.
- As you may already know, Kim Hude’s family has a signup available for meals. The website to go to is www.takethemameal.com (Take them a meal). In the center of the page is the word "FIND"; just put in her last name: Hude and the password: Kim2 That will take you to the calendar to sign up. If you make a meal you can bring it to the church office BEFORE 5:00 pm, Monday thru Thursday and Kathy will deliver it to the family. (Please no spicy foods as Kim's stomach is very sensitive due to medications.) Please keep the entire family in your prayers.
CONTINUATION OF OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
– Coordinators Earl & Bonnie Barker
Mission: We will be soon coordinating and accepting donations for miscellaneous donation items such as socks, mittens, combs & brushes, toys, etc. to fill shoeboxes in November for needy children throughout the world.
- For more information or if you would like to assist in this ministry, please contact Earl Barker at 810.392.0125 or Bonnie Barker at 810.305.1681 or email.
MISSION IN ACTION
– Coordinator Claudia Hansen
Mission in Action team is planning a trip to Guatemala in February 2019. They will be soon raising funds for this trip. The plan is to bring medical, dental, eyeglass, and construction volunteers on the trip. Stay tuned for the less traditional fundraising that will be happening to defray costs for this God-ordained trip!
- Please contact Claudia Hansen at 810.329.7174 if the Holy Spirit is giving you a nudge to take part in this Mission In Action trip to Guatemala in February 2019.